Saturday, October 13, 2007

Review of Something Very Perplexing, By Johnathan

So I was just reading an issue of Groo the Wanderer from 1986 and I came across this ad:


And I just don't know what to say. Except for the fact that Cap looks pretty damned jolly right there. And that it's a bit of a hoot that they were doing their casting through Groo. Although I guess that there could be worse comics in which to advertise for a 10-14 year-old female triple threat.

Wait... when has Captain America ever had anything to do with 10-14 year-old girls? do you suppose that they were trying to pull a Peter Pan with Bucky?

Where can I find the script for this thing?

Even though it never aired, it's JOHN APPROVED.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seem to recall seeing that print ad in some other comics during that time period. It was pretty amusing.

Jeff Wetherington
The Comic Guide at Athena Guides
http://comics.athenaguides.com/

Skeleton Munroe said...

I'll say!

We can only hope that if Cap rises from the dead he does it with such style.

rachelle said...

Argh! Why was I born 8 years too late?!

Jim Drew said...

Hmmm. Rob Liefeld introduced a female Bucky when he took over Cap about a decade after this. (Of course, we'd already had a female Robin by then, too.)

Skeleton Munroe said...

You're a good commenter, Jim. I forget all about these posts about a day after I publish 'em, so it's nice to come back and read them again after a while.

Bucky always looked like a girl masquerading as a boy to me anyway. He was really, really young-looking, like Robin in New Frontier.